ADD "DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL JRE X86 BY JETBRAINS" CHECKBOX IN

I am about to lớn vị a clean install of IDEA năm nhâm thìn.3.1 on Windows (10 Pro 64-bit) and noticed a new option in the installer to download & install a baoninhsunrise.com 64-bit JRE.

Bạn đang xem: Add "download and install jre x86 by jetbrains" checkbox in

Is there any reason I should use this option over just using the Oracle 8u112 64-bit JDK I have installed?

What is the recommended configuration on Windows? Would it be sensible lớn go with the Oracle 8u112 64-bit JDK for the SDK and the baoninhsunrise.com 64-bit JRE for running IntelliJ itself?

I have sầu had a look for some info on which baoninhsunrise.com recommends but cannot find anything related lớn this new installer option. I just want to cài đặt the "best" (as much as one can) environment for which khổng lồ work in.

Many thanks,

Morgan

Votes

15 comments
Sort by Date Votes

Serge Baranov
Created December 15, năm nhâm thìn 22:24
Comment actions Permalink

>Is there any reason I should use this option over just using the Oracle 8u112 64-bit JDK I have sầu installed?

Yes, baoninhsunrise.com Runtime fixes a lot of issues with fonts rendering & performance that are still not fixed in Oracle JDK. There is no reason not to use it.

>What is the recommended configuration on Windows? Would it be sensible khổng lồ go with the Oracle 8u112 64-bit JDK for the SDK & the baoninhsunrise.com 64-bit JRE for running IntelliJ itself?

Yes, it"s the recommended setup.

Morgan
Created December 15, năm nhâm thìn 22:26
Comment actions Permalinks

Thanks again Serge. If it is the recommend option perhaps the 64-bit JRE could be bundled in the installer in the future like the 32-bit JRE is?

Serge Baranov
Created December 15, năm nhâm thìn 22:27
Comment actions Permaliên kết

That is the plan for the future versions. 64-bit Java will be bundled by default, 32-bit Java will be an optional tải về for users with 32-bit operating systems.

Morgan
Created December 15, 2016 22:28
Comment actions Permaliên kết

Good to know! Many thanks for such quichồng replies. Have sầu a lovely Christmas và New Year Serge.

Alex Bello
Created January 22, 2018 21:30
Comment actions Permalink

Is there a way to tải về the JDK manually? I am behind a corporate firewall, so the installer tải về fails.

Serge Baranov
Created January 22, 2018 21:34
Comment actions Permaliên kết

What JDK vị you need to lớn download? 64-bit JDK is already bundled.

Alex Bello
Created January 22, 2018 21:43
Comment actions Permaliên kết

Whenever I try khổng lồ install and select the option `Download & install JRE x86 by baoninhsunrise.com` that option fails because of a certificate issue due khổng lồ the corporate web-proxy. Is there a work-around for this?

Serge Baranov
Created January 22, 2018 21:44
Comment actions Permalink

Do you work on the 32-bit system? Why vày you create only the 64-bit launcher và want khổng lồ tải về 32-bit JDK?

Alex Bello
Created January 22, 2018 21:48
Comment actions Permalink

You"re right, I should be selecting both as I have some 32-bit providers. But still, the tải về will fail whenever I try khổng lồ run it, even with both the x86 & x64 selected.

Serge Baranov
Created January 22, 2018 22:00
Comment actions Permalinks

Manual JDK downloads are available fromhttps://bintray.com/baoninhsunrise.com/intellij-jdk/.

You can unpaông xã it inkhổng lồ IDE_HOMEjre directory.

Xem thêm: Hướng Dẫn Cách Tắt Thông Báo Like Trên Facebook Chung Trên Điện Thoại

Dawid Ferenczy
Created December 05, 2018 14:29
Comment actions Permalinks

I"m a bit confusednow. I"m just installing PyCharm Community và dialog looks exactly like the one from Alex Bello"s screenshot — there"s only a checkbox to lớn Download và install JRE x86 by baoninhsunrise.com. I"m on 64-bit Windows.

What happens when I leave it unchecked? No baoninhsunrise.com JRE will be installed and PyCharm will be using Oracle JRE or just 64-bitbaoninhsunrise.com JRE will be installed by default? And what happens when I check it?

Thank you.

Serge Baranov
Created December 05, 2018 20:12
Comment actions Permalink

When unchecked, only 64-bit bundled baoninhsunrise.com Runtime is installed. When checked, installer will also download và install 32-bit baoninhsunrise.com Runtime, so you will have both. Enabling this checkbox makes sense only on 32-bit systems.

Dawid Ferenczy
Created December 05, 2018 21:09
Comment actions Permalinks

OK, so the 64-bit JRE is installed by default và I cannot influence it, right? What about 32-bit system? Do I have sầu to explicitly kiểm tra it to lớn install the 32-bit JRE otherwise no baoninhsunrise.com JRE is installed? What would it be good for lớn install also the 32-bit JRE on a64-bit system?

Shouldn"t it be that on a 64-bit system, the 64-bit JRE is installed, on a 32-bit system, the 32-bit JRE is installed and there"s no checkbox in the installer?

It"s quite confusing option.

Serge Baranov
Created December 05, 2018 21:21
Comment actions Permaliên kết

>OK, so the 64-bit JRE is installed by default & I cannot influence it, right?

>What about 32-bit system? Do I have lớn explicitly kiểm tra it khổng lồ install the 32-bit JRE otherwise no baoninhsunrise.com JRE is installed?

As far as I rethành viên, it"s checked on 32-bit systems by mặc định.

>What would it be good for khổng lồ install also the 32-bit JRE on a64-bit system?

Only if there is some issue specific to lớn 64-bit runtime on your system and you want khổng lồ use the 32-bit runtime instead.

>Shouldn"t it be that on a 64-bit system, the 64-bit JRE is installed, on a 32-bit system, the 32-bit JRE is installed & there"s no checkbox in the installer?

We don"t bundle 32-bit runtime since there are very few users on the 32-bit systems, therefore it"s provided as an option. Why not download & install it automatically? Some environments have no mạng internet connection and the installer will fail. User has an option khổng lồ install the runtime manually or use the system runtime instead.

Dawid Ferenczy
Created December 05, 2018 21:57
Comment actions Permalinks

OK, thank you for the explanation. It would be good khổng lồ have sầu that information somewhere in a documentation. Unless it"s there already.

Please sign in khổng lồ leave sầu a phản hồi.

Didn"t find what you were looking for?

New post